Monday, November 13, 2006

For the sake of updating

I guess a post is in order since it's been over a week. I guess I'll start with a series that I don't believed I've mentionned yet (mostly because of its slow releases by the mendoi and shinsen joint team), INUKAMI, probably because it's not very good. Anyway, it has no real plot, so it's a episode by episode type filler series. The whole idea is that inukami's are guardian dog-god-people who serve their masters to defeat evil spirits and the like. Well, it's a ecchi-comedy series, which is the only reason I would watch something with the preceding plot. Anyway, the story centers on a womanizing master who couldn't get an inukami to serve him until he falls upon a powerful, yet disobedient inukami.

Ok, now that the introduction is out of the way, I will probably never review this anime again unless it starts developing a plot. Because reviewing filler episodes is an exercise in pointlessness. I only mentioned it because I watched an episode for the first time since I started the blog and I thought I would let you see that I don't watch simply good to great series, but that I filter out a lot of my weeklies before regurgitating them back at you.

Anyways back to the regular fare, Black Lagoon had an above-average release this week, one that probably showed the most Rock so far (though that's not saying lots). Anyways, the episode showed our party having their harbour offices sieged by the island's diverse and entertaining band of bountyhunters/freaks. Expect a marine rescue by Dutch in the next episode because the Rock and Levy team looked cooked at this point. Literally.

Bokura ga ita had a pretty boring episode. It's kinda obvious they milked the whole reconciliation by trying to stretch it into a whole episode. However, our protaganists are now officially back together so let's see how the series culminates. I found this whole breakup arc knocked the series down a few pegs and the whole love triangle was a wasted attempt since we never felt their getting back together was not an eventuality. Hopefully the series will finally get over Yano's late girlfriend and the show can finish with something fresh, possibly by introducing a new character to genuinely threaten the relationship, or at least eliminate the serie's stagnant feel by progressing the relationship.

Welcome to the NHK progressed on the pyramid triangle plotline to hilarious results. After realizing he was tricked, Satou and his friends confronted the class pres, only to get more deeply involved in the scheme. A second confrontation at the old classmate's home lets us discover she is working to support herself and her brother, who is a hikokomori that makes Satou pale in comparison.

There was no release for Tokimeki Memorial this week (probably for the best) so wait till next week for more news on that series. If you have stopped watching bleach because of its slow pace it might be worth your wild to watch the last few episodes since they featured conclusive fights between the lesser known shinegami and their enemies. Naruto is still all filler, with no sign of letting up soon, so stay far away from this series, at least until part two begins, whenever that is.

About the top ten anime list, I can't say I've put more then the occasional thought into it, but I've got a few days off coming up so I'm hopeful I can have it done by next week's reviews, no promises though. Till next time, this was fefifofum. (I promise I'll never sign off like that again)

No comments: