Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Update: Reviews

Well, I suppose it's been a little while since my last review but I should be adding a handful in the next few days. So far, I like how the new reviews are coming around. Still I feel there's so room for improvement. I've considered going back to my old method of releasing one post a week commenting on all the shows I'm following, since I feel this new method makes me write a summary each time before I can comment, which is what I LIKE doing. For now I'll just stick with this system and scale back on the summarizing.



Here's some non-anime news your way. Those of you who know me know I bore you all to tears with my intense, raving adoration for the late singer-songwriter Elliott Smith. Well a two-disk compilation of unreleased recording called NEW MOON was released by KILL ROCK STARS a week ago and it owns! Get it now!



Well, since I'm here I might as well review something. Hmmm...OK!



History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi:

What is it? Comedy about a weakling student who goes to train at a dojo of over-dedicated martial artists while being targeted by a notorious gang of martial artists.
What's good about it? Much of the supporting cast are funny character's like most of the Dojo lodgers, Kenichi's parents (who we don't see enough) and the busty blonde female lead, Myu.

What's bad about it? Kenichi is always whining about training or being a coward. Too many filler episodes- like going to the beach episode or worried teacher visits crazy dojo episode.

I don't have a really positive outlook on this series yet I'm still watching it at episode 20 so read into that what you will. The series isn't finished but I feel comfortable grading it at this point.

7.0/10




No comments: