Sunday, July 29, 2007

Mushishi - Completed Review


What is it?

Mushishi chronicles the travels of Ginko, a mushi expert(or mushishi). Mushi are a fictional kingdom of living beings that come in many different shapes and sizes. Mushi are more basic and mysterious creatures than the living creatures we know. They are only visible to a small proportion of humans and since they live through many different ways, they can have many impacts when in contact with humans. While most mushi do not have actual bodies and do not influence other lifeforms, some can act as parasites or symbiotically with humans and cause various side affect. This is where our protaganist comes in. Ginko travels through villages in feudal times and addresses illnesses or calamities brought on by human interactions with mushi.
What's good about it?

Everything. Every episode is a complete gem of a tale. The characters are always interesting and endearing. The music and animation are top-notch and only serve to add to the ephereal experience the show provides. The show exudes a mysterious aura that keeps you intently fixated from the opening to the last second.

What's bad about it?

Nothing. Really.

Final Verdict

Honestly, this show has set the standard other shows will try to measure up to in the coming years. I consider it to be one of the best series I have ever watched and it is far and away the best show I have reviewed since starting this blog. This is must-see no matter how little anime you watch. The only reason it doesn't get a ten is that I don't give out tens. Ever.

I'd also like to note that I was fortunate enough to accidently download the french subbed version by Nerae and was suitably. I had yet to ever watch a series in french before since I don't enjoy hearing or writing in french, even though I am francophone. However, I found Nerae translations to be so enjoyable, I will be sure to remain open to French subs in the future, with Nerae being my first choice.

9.8/10


No comments: