Sunday, January 04, 2009

Happy New Year!

For two years now I've held a groundless position that 2009 would be the money year, whatever that means. Now that we're here, I find myself...doubting?...no that's not it. I guess I just never knew what I meant by that, "the money year". I'm quasi-certain it doesn't mean I'm going to somehow fall into money. In fact, if I had to guess, I would predict that I will be WORSE off financially by the end of 2009. I guess I just meant that it would be a noteworthy year in my life because I expect (or at least hope) that some serious changes will lift me from my worryingly stagnant lifestyle. I feel I've fallen into a routine that falls way below of what I expect of me. I feel that if I don't start dancing now, I may never attain what I truly desire. And like the sheepman says in Murakami's "Dance Dance Dance":

"Dance, you gotta dance. As long as the music plays, you gotta dance. Don't even think why. Start to think, your feet stop. Your feet stop, we get stuck. We get stuck, we're restuck. So don't pay any mind, no matter how dumb. You gotta keep the step. You gotta limber up. You got to loosen what you bolted down. You gotta use all you got. We know you're tired, tired and scared. Happens to everyone, okay? Just don't let your feet stop. Dancing is everything. Dance in tiptop form. Dance so it all keeps spinning. You gotta dance. As long as the music plays"

A motivating cry to move if I ever heard one! Happy 2009 everyone.

No comments: