Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Anime Roundup - June '07

I'd say I have a number of shows I am following very intently and not much else right now. Presently, I'm watching about as little anyway as I have in the last few years. Just can't bring myself for some reason. Anyways, the exceptions are currently: lucky star, hayate no Gotoku, seirei no moribito(I'll be reviewing it shortly), one piece (never get tired of it), lovely complex, death note(which is almost over), Major, Seto no Hanayome. I've also started watching Overdrive again this week thanks to Mendoi Fansubs picking up the series. There are more but I can't think of them at this moment.



The latest One Piece arc came to an ending in the last few episodes and is currently transitioning towards the next one. Of course, whenever an arc ends in one piece, there is a certain trepidation over whether the next arc will be a filler one or not. Right now, the manga isn't even halfway through (as far as I can tell) the zombie Island arc, so I wouldn't be surprised to see some filler before the anime starts that arc. The next few episodes are likely to be boring Cody reunion/flashback episodes so I'm not really looking forward to it.



Lucky Star, while still very entertaining, is not as fresh as it was during the first airings. It is somewhat repetitive material and the responses are fast becoming predictable. Still, the characters are still adorable and the subject matter is still up any otaku's alley so I'm not likely to stop watching, or enjoying, Lucky Star anytime soon.



Death Note is only a few episodes away from concluding. Since I haven't read the manga, the conclusion will come to a surprise to me. Since it's starting to look like Light will be caught, or killed soon, I'm hoping it won't come to that. Despite pretty much everyone knowing he's Kira, I'm still holding out on him once again rising up above everyone, especially since I don't like Mellow and Near. I really liked the L/Light rivalry throughout the first part of the show and since L died I haven't enjoyed the series as much though I'll still be satisfied if Light gets away in the end. I'm pulling for the bad guy.



Well I've got a few reviews to do, so I'll leave it at that for now.









This is a shot of Konata(Lucky Star) fanning herself during a hot day. Priceless.

No comments: